Ocean Scavenger Hunt
an Internet Treasure Hunt on Oceans
created by Mrs. Davis
The Questions |
Surf's up! Grab your brain and head for the further reaches of cyberspace. There's a lot to learn in this information age. Using the Web allows you to discover tons more than you may have ever known possible. Below is a list of questions about the topic of this page. Surf the Internet links on this page to find answers to the questions. Don't forget to go after the monster learning wave, the Big Question. Have fun and avoid a mental head plant.
- What kind of fishing accounts for the largest percentage of world fish catch?
What are two reasons against overfishing?
- How much of the planet is covered by ocean?
What are the four main oceans?
- What is the average depth of the ocean?
What is the deepest point of the ocean? Where is it?
- What causes waves?
- What are the five broad zones of the ocean, starting with the one closest to the ocean's surface?
In which zone are plants found?
- What are the two types of ocean plants?
What are the most abundant plants in the ocean?
What are the three types of animals in the ocean? Describe each category and give an example of each.
- What is the first link in the food chain? Why?
- Give an interesting fact about each ocean.
- Name three creatures found on the coral reef and draw a picture of each.
- Click on the submarine. Follow the directions to access the animals. Name three creatures found in the deepest part of the ocean. Draw a picture of your three choices.
- What are coral reefs made from?
Where are coral reefs usually found?
- What is the intertidal zone? How is it different from the middle of the ocean?
The Internet Resources
The Big Question
Based on what you've gathered so far, which part of the ocean would you most want to see? Why would you want to see that area? What would you see there?
Content by Mrs. Davis, email@example.com
Last revised Tue Jan 27 16:37:35 US/Pacific 2004