Plant and Animal Cells
An Internet Hotlist on Cells
created by R. Stewart
| Parts of a cell
| Cell Diagrams
| Cell Division
| Tutorials and Activities
You COULD look for books or magazines to find out about Cells, but why not use the power of the Internet instead? The links below will get you started.
The Internet Resources
Parts of a cell
- Animal and Plant Cells
- Bacteria are single celled organisms. Their cells do NOT have proper nucleii. They have a circular molecule of DNA which contains all their genetic information.
- The Cell--Diagram
- Dig into a fundamental unit of life for plants and animals, the cell. Includes images and a diagram
- Animal Cells
- This schematic represents an idealized animal cell, e.g., a liver cell. The columns to the left and right of the labels contain links to discussions of the particular structures.
- THE CELL PAGE!!
- CLICK ON THE LABEL FOR ANY ORGANELLE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT IT
- Mitosis Definitions
- Sites of Interest: Pictures and outline of the phases
- Mitosis Stages Real Cells!
- Stages of Mitosis Stage Animal Mitosis Plant Mitosis
- Mitosis World
- Cell division
- Mitosis is the process by which cells divide. The parent cell has already duplicated its chromosomes , providing both daughter cells with a complete copy of genetic information.
- An Introduction to Mitosis
- Mitosis is the process that facilitates the equal partitioning of replicated chromosomes into two identical groups. Before partitioning can occur, the chromosomes must become aligned so that the separation process can occur in an orderly fashion. The alignment of replicated chromosomes and their separation into two groups is a process that can be observed in virtually all eukaryotic cells.
- Cellular Biology
- Mitosis Animations
- animations of mitosis
Tutorials and Activities
- Cell Division Tutorial
- Learn the cell biology, the life cycles, and mitosis that govern the life and death of cells. Includes test questions.
- Online Onion Root Tips
- Determine for yourself the stages of mitosis by looking at actual slides of onion root tip cells
- Mitosis Wordsearch
- Unscramble the following words and find them in the wordsearch. Use the unscrambled words to fill in the blanks
- Cells Alive
- Animal cell models
Content by R. Stewart , firstname.lastname@example.org
Last revised Mon Dec 15 7:26:47 US/Pacific 2003