A Hotlist on Cross-Cultural Communication
An Internet Hotlist on Cross-Cultural
created by Irina Postoenko
Khabarovsk State Pedagogical University
| General Information
| Cross-Cultural Communication Topics
| Didactic Materials
| Cross-Cultural Communication for Fun
| Other Useful Resources
In addition to using books and magazines to find out about Cross-Cultural, why not also use the power of the Internet? The links below will get you started.
The Internet Resources
Cross-Cultural Communication Topics
- Topics on Intercultural Communication
- There are different topics devoted to the problems of living, working and enjoying in a different culture.
- Xport English
- This site offers business people involved in import/export or international alliances many practical tips on how to use plain English in technical writing and business writing intended for an international audience.
- Russian Cross-Cultural Training and Consulting Services
- It it the website of Steven D. Jones/East-West Business Strategies who specializes in Russian- American cross-cultural communication and negotiations training as well as business consulting to support organizations trying to achieve objectives in Russia and the CIS.
- Business Netiquette International
- It is the Web's prime “Netiquette” site for business etiquette, keeping international business in mind. This means company to company e-mail, not personal messages between business colleagues. Other sites offer Netiquette advice for personal communications.
- Cultural Savvy Diversity
- Cultural Savvy specializes in helping clients gain knowledge relative to the complexities of working, living and operating in global markets and working effectively within different cultures and with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Lesson Plans
- Social studies teachers are always looking for new ideas to try in their classrooms. In this section of the web site,new social studies lessons are regularly posted.
Cross-Cultural Communication for Fun
- Culture Page
- This page contains a variety of links and articles on organizational and international culture: cultural dimensions (behavioral dimensions along which cultures differ), culture maps (business and social customs for several countries), cross-cultural miscommunication (collection of goofs), face negotiation theory, Hofstede's cultural patterns,idiomatic mistranslations (humor) and so on.
- Pharos International
- It is a bureau for cultural projects guiding through different universe of culture (arts, values, exhibitions, cultural tourism).
- There is information about business customs, negotiating, training, consulting in any country you are interested in.
- International Business Culture
- Welcome to the ExecutivePlanet.com guide to international business culture, customs, and etiquette, which covers many aspects of doing business worldwide.
- Cultural Debates
- This online activity makes multicultural studies come alive! You'll watch video, learn about issues, read and write opinions, and see what others think too.
Other Useful Resources
- Find Articles
- You can find about 16000 articles related to cross-cultural communication.
- Cultural Diversity
- The site of Questia Library consists of links on Cultural Diversity Topic.
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- There is the world largest Online Questia Library (books, magazines,journals, newspapers, encyclopedia, research topics). If you search for 'cross-cultural communication', the result will be 7297 links, for 'Intercultural communication' - 2824 links.
Content by Irina Postoenko, email@example.com
Last revised Thu Nov 20 4:08:18 US/Pacific 2003