A Hotlist of Lincoln Links
An Internet Hotlist on Lincoln Links
created by Web Master, Mrs. Matherly
Lincoln Elementary School
| Social Studies
Lincoln Elementary School students enjoy exploring the internet. Their teachers create new and interesting projects using several links. The links below are a preview of some of the links used by students. Please email me if any of the links are broken or are unavailable.
The Internet Resources
- America's Story - Meet Amazing Americans, Jump Back In Time, Explore the States, Join America At Play, See, Hear and Sing
- Be Fire Smart -
- Carolyn Lesser Home Page - Learn about Author Carolyn Lesser, who will be visiting Clinton Schools in October.
- Earth Day- FunSchool -
- Earth Day- PBS Kids -
- Earth Day- Primary Games -
- Earth Day- The Kidz Page Celebration for the Kids -
- Fire Prevention Activities for Kids -
- Get NetWise - Internet Safety Tips for parents and kids.
- Gettysburg Address Live Webcast - To honor Abraham Lincoln's 200th Birthday!
- Harvest Day- Corn Facts and Fun Websites -
- Helpful Games - Educational games for children in school Welcome to Helpfulgames! We have educational games that kids at school think are fun while they learn their skills. Learning should be fun! Choose a category from below for suggestions on fun and helpful games for children in elementary school.
- Internet Saftey Quiz -
- Mouse Practice Links -
- Mr. Anker's Tests for 3rd Grade - Activities for math, reading, language, etc
- Mr. Ankers Tests for 2nd Grade - Activities for math, reading, language, etc
- Qtopia - Mrs. Campbell's Class - Qtopia is an online learning platform that offers thousands of ready-to-use activities, motivating games, avatar features, online homework access with automatic grading, in-classroom review modes, and the ability for educators to use 'as is' or completely customize the learning experience
- Sample Practice ISAT Tests for Students -
- Spelinng City -
- Spelling City- Dolch Site Words -
- Spelling City- Mrs. Bostic -
- Spelling City- Mrs. Donaldson's Class -
- Spelling City- Mrs. Howell's Class -
- Spelling City- Stith's Class -
- Welcome to the Web. - Learn about the internet, how to use it, web browsers and more.
- 50 States -
- Abraham Lincoln Online.org - Great information about our 16th president. Includes photo tours of Lincoln places, quiz, frequently asked questions by students, speeches, current events about Lincoln preservation.
- All About World Geography -
- American Memory Timeline - This timeline covers important events in American History. Beginning with the establishing of our country going through to the nation after World War II.
- At Home in the Heartland - Learn what it was like to live in Illinois during the 1700s, 1800s, and early 1900s.
- Aviation -
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids - Great site to learn about our government through games, photos, activities.
- Children's Encyclopedia of Women - Excellent biographies with pictures, timeline, important dates in women's history and research sources. Created by third and fourth grade students at Pocantico Hills School in Sleepy Hollow, NY.
- Daniel Boone -
- FRANCE -
- FirstGov for Kids - This site provides links to Federal kids' sites along with some of the best kids' sites from other organizations all grouped by subject. Great information and interactive games!
- Geo Spy -
- Henry Ford and Model T -
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Textbooks- Social Studies -
- Illinois Facts -
- Illinois State Informaton -
- Interactive Maps -
- Kids Web Japan - Lots of information about Japan.
- Lewis and Clark - Go West Across America with Lewis and Clark
- Lewis and Clark Trail - Travel the Trail
- Louisiana Purchase -
- Martin Luther King Biography -
- Martin Luther King Scavenger Hunt -
- Martin Luther King Speeches -
- McGraw-Hill Time Links- Communities -
- Multimedia Biographies - Excellent site from Hartcourt School
- NCES - Search for Schools, Colleges, and Libraries -
- Net State.com - Information on the state symbols, flags, state almanacks and more.
- Pioneers - Learn about the Pioneer Life
- Test your Geography knowledge - Geography Quizzes
- Time For Kids -
- U.S. Interactive Maps -
- Westward Expansion - Learn About the Westward Expansion
- White House 101 - Our Presidents, Fun Facts, First Pets
- A Hotlist on Search Engines - Student safe search engines.
- Brain Pop Jr. - This website has Science, Math, Reading & Writing, Social Studies, Health, and games.
- Discovery Channel Puzzlemaker - When printing your puzzle go to File, click print, and click on pages from 1 to 1, then you may print by clicking OK.
- Discovery School For Kids - Links, current events, and more.
- Edmodo -
- Enchanted Learning - Excellent Site for information
- Google -
- Groundhog Day - Activities for Groundhog Day
- Harcourt School - This site contains great activities to go along with your science book. Also awesome activities in math and social science.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Textbooks - Choose your textbook and subject: Reading/Language Arts; Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Spelling
- Interactive White Board Activites -
- Learn to Read -
- Macmillan/Macgraw-Hill Textbooks - Choose your textbook and subject: Math, Reading, Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science
- Microsoft Office Online Clip Art - Great for Power Point projects!!
- Online Encyclopedia -
- Rebecca Sitton Spelling Activities 3rd Grade -
- Rebecca Sitton Spelling Activities- 2nd Grade -
- Scholastic Computer Lab Favorites - 50 one-step learning activities- 15-30 minutes each
- Scoot Pad - ScootPad is the ultimate way to master math and reading skills. Self-paced and personalized practice keeps kids engaged & challenged.
- The Scholastic Network - Where children love to learn and learn to grow.
- Topmarks Education - Teaching resources, interactive resources, worksheets, homework exam and revision help. Great site!!
- Web School - Variety of activities and subjects.
- World Almanac for Kids - Great web site to learn about the world, our nation, and our states.
- Yahooligans -
- A-Z Animals - Great site to get facts for animals.
- All About Frogs -
- Animal Classification Hangman Game -
- Ant Facts -
- Ant Research -
- Build-A-Prairie - Great interactive website
- Dinosaur Links -
- Dinosaur Times - Explore the era of dinosaurs and organize them into appropriate time periods
- Dinosaurs - Lots of information on Dinosaurs and fun games to play.
- Dinosaurs Information -
- Division to Multiply - Great site to learn about mitosis.
- ENature; The National Audobon Society - This site contains comprehensive information on animals, insects, habitats, plants, and more. Great site for those mammal or insect reports.
- Earth Day Activities - Games and Activities for Earth Day
- Ecosystem Information -
- Edupic Graphical Resource - Information and pictures of flower, plant, plant cell,simple machines, etc.
- Enchanted Learning -
- Forces and Magnets -
- Grade 2 dinosaur webquest -
- Kids Astronomy - Planet research
- Kids Health For Kids - Very good information explaining health issues to children. Also learn about the systems of the body.
- Living Things -
- Natural History Notebooks -
- Nutrition Cafe - Where nutrition info is fun!
- Ocean Oasis Field Guide - Photos, information about marine life and plants.
- Penguins -
- Penguins Around the World -
- Puffins -
- Recycle City - Great site to learn about recycling through games, activities, and information.
- Skeletal System -
- Solar System - Information on the nine planets
- Steve Spangler Science Experiments -
- The Learning Planet - Various learning games for kids.
- The Weather Channel - Find up-to-date weather information for the local area or somewhere you are interested.
- Uncover Lizards and Snakes - Learn the story of squamates and reptiles in this Science Explorations unit
- Weather Concentration -
- Weather Wiz Kids - This website is especially for kids to allow them to learn more about the fascinating world of weather.
- Who Zoo - List of animals with facts and pictures.
- Who Zoo Wild - List of animals with facts and pictures.
- ABCya.com - ABCya.com is the leader in free educational kids computer games and activities for elementary students to learn on the web. All children's educational computer activities were created or approved by certified school teachers. All educational games are free and are modeled from primary grade lessons and enhanced to provide an interactive way for children to learn. Grade level lessons incorporate areas such as math and language arts while introducing basic computer skills.
- Bang on Time - Read the time in words and then stop the clock when the hands are in the matching position.
- BasketMath Interactive - This site has practice in many different areas of math.
- Cool Math - Great website for games!
- Counting Money Hotlist -
- Draggable Math - A great program to use on the Starboard!
- Fractions - List of Fraction websites
- Fun 4 the Brain - Lots of fun activities for Math. Addition, Subtraction, etc.
- Fun Brain Measurement Activity - Learn more about measures.
- Funbrain -
- Geometric Shapes and Tanagrams -
- Geometry- 2nd Grade - EGames- RoboPacker
- Geometry- Interactive Tangrams -
- Geometry- Perimeter and Area -
- Geometry- Symmetry-Level 3- Volume1 -
- Geometry- Tanagrams -
- Geometry-2nd Grade - Icy Slides, Flips, and Turns
- Home School Math - Great activities for area and perimeter.
- IXL- 3rd Grade Math Skills - Numbers and Comparing, Place Value, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication,Division, Fractions, Graphs, Measurement, etc.
- IXL- Math Practice Site - Practice makes perfect, and IXL makes math practice fun. With unlimited math questions in more than 1,000 topics, students improve their skills and confidence and always have new challenges to meet.
- Interactive Clock - Mrs. Jenkins found this website!
- Lemonade Stand II -
- Map Math -
- Math Facts -
- Math Play - At Math Play you can find a wide variety of fun games that you can play online. Most games are suitable for elementary and middle grades. They are organized by grade level, content, and game type.
- Math Word Problems -
- Math- Grade 2 - Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication
- Mr. Wolf's Interactive Math Games -
- Multiplication Quizzes online -
- Multiplication.Com - This site contains the techniques, tips, and secrets used by master teachers!
- Place Value Activities -
- Primary Games- Math -
- Robo Packer Game -
- Shodor Interactivate - Interactive activies in Math and Science
- Stop the Clock Five- Army Time - Drag the five digital times to the correct analog clock. Then press stop the clock to record your time.
- Stop the Clock Three - Drag the five digital times to the correct analog clock. Then press stop the clock to record your time.
- Think Central Math -
- Virtual Manipulatives: Fraction Tiles - Fraction tiles are a good way for students to explore and understand how parts make up a whole. Teachers and parents can utilize this resource when giving a lesson on fractions with students.
Content by Web Master, Mrs. Matherly, Kmatherly@cusd15.k12.il.us
Last revised Fri Apr 19 6:56:26 US/Pacific 2013