An Internet Hotlist on Safe Sites
created by Mrs. Matherly
| GAMES/ ART/READING/MISC
| SOCIAL STUDIES
| MATH & SCIENCE
| 4th GRADE
| 5th GRADE
| HOLIDAY SITES
Below are Safe Sites chosen for students at Webster School.
The Internet Resources
- Art for Kids - ART APPRECIATION - INTERACTIVE ART HISTORY - MORE
- Book Adventure -
- Crayola.com -
- Discovery Kids - Fun and Games
- Fractured Fairy Tales -
- Fun Brain -
- Fun English Games -
- Gamequarium Phonic Games - Phonics Games
- Just Kids Games - A site with educational games to help teach kids about math, science, reading and the environment.
- Kerpoof - This is a program that allows kids to create pictures, animated movies, and stories.
- Knowledge Adventure - Phonic Games
- Lunapic Photo Editor -
- Make Beliefs Comix - Create your own comix strip! It's easy and fun!
- Mush Rush - Discover the great sport of dog sled racing. Navigate your team through the obstacles to complete a race!
- Online Coloring Pages -
- PBS Kids -
- Prongo - Brain teasers, games, and lots more!
- Puzzle Maker - Make different puzzles!
- Raz-Kids -
- Read, Write, and Think -
- Reading Map Review -
- Starfall -
- Story Teller- Mike Lockett -
- Toby Tire Danger Zone Games -
- Twiducate.com -
- Typing Web - Type on the Web! Lessons,Courses, and Games!
- Word Mash- Cool Math for Kids - Reading game
- Martin Luther King's Cyberhunt -
- 50 States -
- Abraham Lincoln Treasure Hunt -
- Aerial views of the Nation's Capitol -
- America's Story -
- Ancient Egyptian Resource List -
- Area and Ranking -
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids - Excellent Site!
- Benjamin Franklin -
- Biographies for Explorers -
- Christmas In France -
- Civil War -
- Civil War Biographies -
- Civil War Information - Battles, Time line, Places, Music, and Documents
- Clinton, Illinois -
- Colonial America -
- Continental Drift -
- Cyberhunt -
- Daniel's Story -
- EduPlace Social Studies - Maps, Vocabulary Games,and Geography Game
- Encyclopedia Book of Women's History -
- Explorers from A-Z -
- Faith Ringgold -
- Fifty States - Can you name the 50 states in 10 minutes?
- Flat Stanley -
- Harriet Tubman and the Underground World -
- Lewis and Clark Exhibit -
- Lewis and Clark Expedition -
- Lewis and Clark Webquest -
- Lewis and Clark- Go West Across America -
- Lincoln's WebQuest -
- Martin Luther King - Speeches
- Martin Luther King Jr. - Biography
- Martin Luther King Jr. Information Sites -
- Multiple Intelligences Test -
- National Parks -
- Northeast Region -
- Place the States -
- Presidential Research Guide -
- Revolutionary War Web Sites for Kids -
- Rhyme Zone - Find rhyming words. At RymeZone, all kids have to do is fill in the box with the word they're trying to rhyme and click Go Get It!
- School Bus United Nations - Excellent Site
- State and Country Quick Facts -
- States Symbols of U.S.A. -
- States and Capitals -
- Symbols of all the states -
- Test your Geography Knowledge - Geography Quizzes
- Time Magazine for Kids -
- U.S. Flag Site -
- US 50 States - Information Site
- Underground Railroad- -
- United States Map Game -
- Virtual Tour of Washington D.C. -
- White House Virtual Tour -
- World Countries - World atlas with key facts and statistics on all countries, states and nations with photos,maps,flags,visual information about geography,history,people,demographics, government,economy,communications and transportation.
- Write Acrostic Poems - This online tool will have kids knocking out poems like Dickinsons!
MATH & SCIENCE
- Place Value Pirates Game -
- 2011- 2012 Interactive ISAT Sample Questions -
- A+ Plus Math -
- ABCya.com - ABCya.com is the leader in free educational kids computer games and activities for elementary students to learn on the web. All children's educational computer activities were created or approved by certified school teachers. All educational games are free and are modeled from primary grade lessons and enhanced to provide an interactive way for children to learn. Grade level lessons incorporate areas such as math and language arts while introducing basic computer skills.
- Add Like Mad - Fun addition activity by Weekly Reader
- Area and Perimeter -
- Atmosphere -
- BBC- Science - Want to know about how our world and all the things in it work? We look at materials, energy, light and sound; and, even observe humans, plants and animals in this section.
- Basket Math -
- Bloxorz - Popular game! It's a thinking game....good luck!
- Build A Prairie -
- Cash Flow for Kids -
- Cells Alive! -
- Constellation Information -
- Cool Math for Kids -
- Count the Money -
- Counting Change -
- Cyberhunt with Bats -
- Declare Yourself - Declaration of Independence
- Desert Animals -
- Ed Heads - Learn about simple and compound machines while you explore the House and Tool Shed!
- Enchanted Learning - Excellent site for research on all animals: article and picture
- Exploring Saturn -
- Fractions -
- Fungi -
- Gamequarium- Science Games -
- Geometric Shapes and Tanagrams -
- Geometry Games -
- Geometry- Soft Schools -
- Global Learning - Global learning observations to benefit the environment.
- Hale- Bopp Information -
- Harcourt School. Com - Excellent site: Reading, Language Arts, Spelling, Math, Social Studies, Science and Art
- Helpful Games - Educational games for children in school Welcome to Helpfulgames! We have educational games that kids at school think are fun while they learn their skills. Learning should be fun! Choose a category from below for suggestions on fun and helpful games for children in elementary school.
- Hooda Math - Great site!
- How Plants Grow -
- Hubble Telescope - Information and Games
- IXL Math Site - Reviews all areas of Math. Limited to only 20 questions per student a day.
- Improper Fractions and Mixed Fractions -
- Information on Carnivores -
- Interactive Math Manipulatives -
- Interactive Subtraction -
- Kaelepla Pond -
- Kids Astronomy -
- Kidsites.com - Excellent site for a variety of Math websites.
- MIKIDS.COM - Simple Machines
- Magnets -
- Mars Explorer - Watch the video!
- Math Facts - Practice Math Facts and time yourself!
- Math Map Review -
- Math Online Practice - Identifying The Place Value of Each Digit, Reading Numbers Using Numerals and Using Words
- Math Playground -
- Math is Fun - Access a visual dictionary of more than 500 math terms.
- Measurement 2 -
- Measurement Games -
- Measurements -
- Mental Arithmetic Drills - Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction and Division
- Metric Conversions -
- Missouri Botanical Gardens Biomes Site - Biomes of the World, Freshwater Eco Systems, and Marine Ecosystems
- Money Management Lessons -
- Money- Making Change -
- Moon Phases -
- Multiplication Station - Fun multiplication activity by Weekly Reader
- Multiplication.com - Multiplication games that are lots of fun!
- Museum of Science and Industry - Simple Machine Game
- Mushroom Photo Gallery -
- NASA Site -
- National Weather Service - For Central Illinois
- Nutritional Facts -
- Online Conversion- Temperature -
- Online GeoBoard -
- Our Solar System - Excellent site on all 9 planets.
- Place Value -
- Plant Adaptions -
- Primary Games- Math -
- Puffins -
- San Diego Zoo -
- Satellite over the World -
- Sheppards Software - Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Animals, Health, Brain Games...Great Site!
- Softschools.com - Worksheets and Games
- Space Walk -
- Spooky Spiders - Cyberhunt for Spooky Spiders
- Storm Prediction Center -
- Study Stack -
- Tanagrams -
- The Science Spot- Kid Zone - Excellent website!
- Think Central -
- Time Monsters -
- Triple A Math -
- U.S. Mint - Lots of fun money games.
- Venus Fly Trap - Cyberhunt for Venus Fly Trap
- Virtual Body -
- Visual Fractions -
- Water Cycle Song -
- Weather Wiz Kids -
- Web Elements -
- Wild Perceptions - Wildlife Photographer- Robert Shaw
- Your Weight on Other Worlds -
- Yucky -
Content by Mrs. Matherly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last revised Wed Apr 24 10:50:03 US/Pacific 2013