Manske's Top Picks
An Internet Hotlist on Sites for Kids
created by Mrs. Manske
Hamilton School District
| Kindergarten and Grade 1
| Grades 2-3
| Grade 4
| Grade 5
| Learning Games and Activities
| Indoor Fun
Parents, here is a list of some of the sites we use at school. Students are usually directed to the reinforcing games/activities as a lesson or as reinforcement of a taught concept. Have fun exploring them with your children. We check the links listed here once a month. If you find any that are no longer working, please don't hesitate to notify me at:
The Internet Resources
- ABCYa - Fun learning games set up by grade level.
- ABCya General Game Menu - Learning games set up according to grade level.
- Brainpop Jr. - Great movies for younger students to use.
- Brainpop Videos - Wonderful videos for topics related to science, social studies and a lot of other subjects.
- Fun 4 the Brain - Awesome games for math skill practice.
- Maple Avenue List - Use this Filimentality to get to great sites that teachers are using at Maple Avenue School.
- SMALL GROUP CLASS -
- Seussville - Oh, what wonderful things you will find at this Dr. Seuss site!
- TVO Kids - Fun games that cover a wide range of topics and grade levels.
- The Weather Channel - Use this link to weather information about the states.
Kindergarten and Grade 1
- 4-ABCya - Games for 4th graders to practice all types of skills.
Learning Games and Activities
- ****NEW Typing Games**** - Have some fun practicing the skill of keyboarding.
- Cool Math - A very 'cool' math site for students.
- Flehmer's Favorites - A list of wonderful websites that the Writing Technology teacher, Mrs. Flehmer is using with her students at Lannon School.
- Free Online Typing Games - A great way to build your speed and accuracy in typing.
- Free Typing Games - Click here to practice your typing skills all while feeding the frogs, saving the planet from asteroids and sailing on a nice lake:)
- Ladd' s Links - Come to this site to see what links/websites Mrs. Ladd is using with her students.
- Math Advantage - Use these to get added practice on math concepts at your grade level.
- Math Playground - A great site for checking on understanding of math concepts as well as a place to practice your basic facts.
- Rules and Tools for Keyboarding! - Let's see how much you remember from last year about keyboarding. Use this for the first day of class scavenger hunt with your neighbor.
- Wacky Tales - Job 2) Using this website, fill in the appropriate words to create some fun Madlibs. When you have created at least 3 funny stories complete Job 3. Job 3) On the answer sheet include your name, grade and tell us if you enjoyed doing this independent web activity this year. Should we do it next year? Is there anything that we could do to make this activity better?
- Wacky Web Tales - Learn parts of speech the fun way. Create stories by filling in (Mad-lib style)the blanks.
Content by Mrs. Manske, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last revised Thu May 23 12:35:17 US/Pacific 2013